Monday, September 26, 2022

 I had a black horse and lived in snowy winters, so all I needed was a red cape. But let me explain a little more on how this project came about. I have two horses. The black one is called Zorro, though his legal name is Corbeau. He's 24 years old with quite the heritage. His father was Cottonwood Flame a famous Olympian and dressage gold medalist, as pictured below. He was a Percheron. Zorro looks much like him but daintier.  


His mother, Stawberry.doc was beautiful and came from a long line of Arabian/thoroughbreds who became known as Anglo Arabians. Her great, great, grandfather was the winner of the Epsom Stakes in England in 1936 and his record stood for nearly forty years. Below is mom with baby Zorro. 



These two horses created this handsome specimen of a horse. Now Zorro has done it all, he's done dressage, jumping, eventing, and the derby. He's talented, he knows it all. Stick with me, I'm getting to my point. 




I have another horse, Coral R, who I bought from Slovenia and had shipped over to the United States. 

He's so handsome. I love this guy so much. 


But he's learning. So we ride, or should ride differently than with Zorro. But sometimes, I forget that. Me and Zorro had just finished riding a serpentine when my trainer asked me how I liked riding a pro? It took me a minute to get the message that I was riding him like he was Corey and needed direction. She asked if I could imagine myself in a costume when I ride Zorro to remind me of his skill and talent. I thought of a couple of ideas and ran them across Zorro. He wanted me in a superhero's cape, a red one. No matter what I came up with, he wanted a red cape. 

That's when I came back to the idea of doing a photoshoot like the one I had shown in a previous post. 

More to come....