Saturday, March 19, 2022

 This is a long project in the making. I started working on it in September 2021 and finished January 11, 2022. Bear with me here. About five years ago, I was searching for costume ideas for my horse, Corey. He's over 17 hands, so he's huge. I ended up by making him a clown for that year. It was his choice, and he loved it. Wouldn't let us take it off afterwards. 


But in that search, I ran across these. I was so taken with these pictures, I downloaded them and admired them from time to time for the past five years. I thought many times, I have a black horse, I live in a snowy climate. Could I do this?  



I would need help and a photographer who was onboard. I took the plunge. October 31, 2021, I showed the above to the photographer, who specializes in horses, my idea. She was so excited and 100% behind the idea, as was my riding trainer. With their support, I decided to forge ahead. 

I will go through and post my costume updates as they happened and the final product of one of the most amazing experiences in my life.